Samantha Savoni is a member of Nossaman’s Environment & Land Use Group. Having begun her legal career as a Summer Associate at Nossaman, Sam has experience preparing memoranda on questions of environmental protection legislation, civil procedure, and real property. As an Associate, she assists in preparing legal briefs and advising clients on a variety of environmental and land use matters, including those dealing with the California Environmental Quality Act, the Endangered Species Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Clean Water Act, the California Endangered Species Act, and associated land use regulations. Sam assists in representing energy developers, public agencies, landowners, and industry organizations in matters involving federal, state, and local permitting issues, land use due diligence, and environmental planning and litigation. She has also helped provide renewable energy facilities with federal natural resource compliance advice and risk assessments.
While in law school, Sam performed as Staff Editor for the University of California Irvine Law Review, served as a Legal Research and Writing Teacher’s Assistant for two semesters, was a member of the Environmental Law Society, and worked with multiple organizations providing pro bono legal assistance, including the Orange County Legal Aid Society, the Poverty Law Clinic, and the UCI Environmental Law Clinic.
Sam regularly comments on news affecting endangered species issues in California and throughout the United States on the Firm’s Endangered Species Law & Policy blog.
- 11.20.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 04.29.2021 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 01.20.2021 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 11.23.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 09.14.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 06.01.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 05.22.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 01.14.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
Community & Professional
Environmental Law Society
Honors & Recognitions
Faculty Award, Lawyering Skills
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D., 2019; Staff Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
- University of California, Berkeley, B.S., 2015; Sigma Alpha Pi, with highest honors