CLE International Conference - CEQA: Legislation, Case Law and Practice Tips
It has been another exciting year of CEQA legal, practice, and policy developments!
The beginning of 2013 saw major legislative efforts to make the most fundamental changes to CEQA since the law was first enacted over 40 years ago. While these efforts have not yet come to fruition, the legislature continues to consider CEQA improvement bills. In the meantime, the rapid pace of CEQA judicial decisions saw no sign of slowing and Guidelines amendments are in process.
Once again, California`s foremost CEQA attorneys and experts provide you with the latest CEQA legal updates, best practices, and policy perspectives. Whether you are an attorney, planner, consultant, agency staff, or project applicant, you will benefit greatly from the knowledge you gain, as well as the opportunity to network with expert speakers and fellow attendees.
This year's panels and presentations will cover:
- A comprehensive analysis of 2013 CEQA case law
- What really happened to CEQA bills in 2013, and the legislative outlook for 2014 legislation
- A legal update on CEQA baseline issues after Neighbors for Smart Rail
- Ethical considerations for CEQA practitioners
- Legal requirements and best practices for certified regulatory programs, use of thresholds/standards, CEQA/NEPA integration, and tiering
- New opportunities for CEQA streamlining under the General Plan
- Guidelines Update