Crescent Cheng is a member of Nossaman’s Environment & Land Use Group. She advises clients on a variety of land use and environmental matters, including those dealing with the California Environmental Quality Act, Endangered Species Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, the Administrative Procedure Act, the Clean Water Act, and related federal and state regulations. She assists in representing public agencies, landowners, and industry organizations in matters involving federal and state permitting issues and environmental planning and litigation.
While in law school, Crescent worked as a legal extern in the Environmental Justice Unit at the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office, and in the Land Law section of the California Office of the Attorney General.
Crescent regularly comments on news, events, and policies affecting endangered species issues in California and throughout the United States on the Firm’s Endangered Species Law & Policy blog.
Orange County Transportation Corridor Agencies. Part of the team providing general counsel representation on various contracting, implementation, and state and federal compliance issues for tolling processes, and compliance with Public Records Act. Part of the team defending the Transportation Corridor Agencies in multiple California Environmental Quality Act challenges.
San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG). Part of the team advising SANDAG regarding compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act and National Environmental Policy Act and inter-agency cooperation in the early stages of a high-profile transportation project.
Proposition 218 Litigation. Part of the litigation team representing homeowners in challenge to special assessment imposed on homeowners by Geologic Hazard Abatement District.
- 10.28.2019 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 10.11.2019 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 10.04.2019 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- FWS Rejects Petitions to List Yellowstone Bison, But Other Listing and Critical Habitat Designations May be Warranted09.06.2019 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 08.09.2019 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 04.25.2019 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 01.30.2019 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 11.28.2018 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- Federal Court Finds That U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Management of Reintroduced Red Wolves Violated Endangered Species Act11.08.2018 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
Honors & Recognitions
Masin Family Academic Excellence Gold Award in Contracts, Masin Family Foundation, 2018
Second Place in Student Environmental Negotiations, State Bar of California, 2017