James Reilly provides legal guidance to clients in the healthcare industry. He ensures healthcare entities are able to deliver high quality services to their patients while complying with government agency regulations. He also crafts internal corporate compliance policies for clients so they can function optimally. Areas of specialization include health care fraud and abuse, privacy (HIPAA and CMIA), corporate practice, consent, reimbursement and billing, Medicare and Medi-Cal compliance and payments, and licensing.
While in law school, James interned at the Eviction Defense Collaborative, Inc., where he prepared legal documents on behalf of clients so they could properly respond to lawsuits. He also worked in the UC Hastings Legal Clinic helping clients obtain Social Security Disability benefits by participating in administrative hearings and conducting extensive medical record reviews.
- 10.09.2023 | The Health Law Ticker
- 08.29.2023 | The Health Law Ticker
- 03.29.2022 | The Health Law Ticker
- 02.23.2022 | The Health Law Ticker
- UC College of the Law, San Francisco, J.D., 2021, Concentration in Health Law and Policy; Editor, Communication and Entertainment Law Journal; Internal Vice President, Hastings Food & Wine Law Society
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., 2017; Outstanding Academic Achievement Award from Environmental Studies; Deans Honor Roll Fall and Spring 2016