We have extensive experience in representing public and private entities in the telecommunications industry. From interconnection agreements, mergers and right of way to zoning and permitting issues, we answer the call.
We counsel clients on following market segments and activities:
- Telecommunications regulatory work before the Federal Communications Commission, the California Public Utilities Commission and other state regulatory commissions.
- Litigation and advocacy regarding telecommunications industry use of public rights of way and governmental claims for compensation.
- Assembly of telecommunications corridors for major fiber optic infrastructure development, including condemnation work and access to public rights of way via permits, licenses and easements.
- Shared resource project development, entailing nationwide representation of departments of transportation and other governmental entities in procurement, contract negotiations, and contract administration, including advice on Section 253 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Procurement and negotiation of major telecommunications service agreements for governmental entities and corporations.
- Site acquisition work for major providers of wireless communications services, including leasing, licensing and legal challenges.
- Representation of the payphone services industry on a broad range of regulatory issues.
- Telecommunications legislative work before the California Legislature.
- Negotiation of comprehensive telecommunications and video service agreements, on behalf of a major provider, for multiple dwelling unit (MDU) projects and master planned communities.
- Regulatory authorization and compliance work for numerous competitive local exchange and interexchange carriers.
- Advice and representation of competitive local exchange carriers in negotiating interconnection agreements.
- Evaluation of and compliance with environmental regulations and requirements affecting telecommunications infrastructure development.
- Intellectual property work, including advice on the law and negotiation of agreements and licenses.
- Real estate transactions for telecommunications companies.
- Advice to private companies on time, place and manner regulation of telecommunications facilities by local authorities.
- Advice and representation of telecommunications companies regarding purchases and sales of assets, mergers, and reorganizations.
As telecommunications companies strive to develop their national networks, the special issues that surround securing land use permits for these projects are a constant source of concern. We have extensive experience representing wireless telecommunications companies, local exchange carriers and payphone service providers before city and county zoning boards, planning commissions and city councils.
We have worked with planning consultants, city staffs, RF engineers and site development specialists at the administrative level in jurisdictions throughout California to help our telecommunications clients secure permits for the siting of telecommunications facilities on both private property and in the public right of way. In cases where these facility siting matters must be resolved in state and federal courts, we are able to draw upon our broad knowledge in the area of land use litigation to assist our clients.
- Court of Appeal Sustains CPUC's Discretion to Fill Gaps in Statutory Scheme for Intervenor Compensation but Requires CPUC to Limit Compensation to Fees and Costs Relevant to Intervenor's Contribution04.27.2016 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.2015 | Law360
- 02.10.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.31.2020 | California Eminent Domain Report
- 07.22.2020 | California Eminent Domain Report
- 05.04.2020 | California Eminent Domain Report
- 04.16.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 03.25.2020 | California Eminent Domain Report
- 11.2019 | U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers
- 04.16.2004 | Nossaman News Release