Government Ethics Training
Nossaman held a complimentary training program on state and local ethics rules. Specific topics included:
- State and local conflicts of interest
- Financial disclosure requirements (Form 700)
- Restrictions on gifts and misuse of public resources
- Brown Act and Public Records Act
- "Revolving door" issues that arise when leaving office
Amber Maltbie and John Kennedy were joined by Scott Hallabrin, former General Counsel of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC), who discussed current FPPC issues and regulations.