We have been counseling clients regarding HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) since its first formulation.
We help clients understand the numerous and detailed HIPAA requirements in such areas as:
- Establishing client-tailored HIPAA compliance policies and designating a Privacy Official;
- Developing a review process to focus on such issues as teams and project leaders, coordinating compliance activities, and reporting and communications flow—horizontal and vertical;
- Reviewing current privacy policies, conducting technology assessment and advising on security risk issues;
- Advising on health information breach notification obligations;
- Assessing existing business associate and subcontractor agreements and preparing new contracts as needed to ensure HIPAA compliance; and
- Representing clients under investigation by the Office for Civil Rights or state agencies for alleged violations of HIPAA and state health information privacy laws.
- 12.17.2021 | The Health Law Ticker
- 03.27.2020 | The Health Law Ticker
- 11.19.2021 | Nashville, TN