We advise on all aspects of peer review, ranging from the initial credentialing and privileging process through any progressive disciplinary measures or corrective actions.
We provide ongoing counsel to hospitals, medical staffs and other peer review bodies tasked with the responsibility of ensuring the quality of care provided by medical staff members or mid-level providers in health care facilities.
We also have extensive experience in advising medical staff, hospital, ASC and medical group clients on drafting bylaws, rules, and policies to satisfy hospital accreditation standards and regulatory requirements. We work closely with clients to ensure their governing documents suit today’s needs and tomorrow’s goals.
We provide education and training to hospital governing bodies, medical staff leadership and medical staff professionals. We encourage clients to contact us before difficult issues escalate. We seek creative solutions to peer review problems that balance the responsibilities of the peer review body with the rights of health care providers to exercise their clinical privileges.
While we make every effort to find a harmonious solution when disputes arise, this is not always feasible. When things escalate, we turn to mediation or arbitration, while always being prepared to litigate the issue before a hearing committee or court.
An indicator of our expertise is that we are often called upon by colleagues in the legal profession and the healthcare community to act as "neutrals" in resolving disputed cases. We serve as mediators, arbitrators and hearing officers in medical staff peer review hearings and other disputes between peer review entities and physicians.
"They are exceptional professionals with a well-balanced team to address a variety of issues." - Client commentary, Chambers USA
- Physician Integration - Whether it be Clinical or Otherwise: Perhaps it is Time to Focus on the Physicians01.01.2022 | South Florida Hospital News and Healthcare Report
- 12.15.2022 | The Health Law Ticker
- 08.29.2022 | The Health Law Ticker
- Anticipating AB 890’s Implementation: Now is a Good Time for Medical Staffs to Get Their Ducks in a Row08.15.2022 | The Health Law Ticker
- 05.24.2022 | The Health Law Ticker
- 08.17.2021 | The Health Law Ticker
- 04.13.2020 | The Health Law Ticker
- 04.03.2020 | The Health Law Ticker
- 12.20.2019 | The Health Law Ticker
- To Report or Not to Report: Medical Board and National Practitioner Data Bank Reporting Requirements09.12.2019 | Newport Beach, CA
- 04.06.2019 | La Jolla, CA