Our oil and gas experience covers the basics--from oil and gas leases, to joint operating agreements and farm outs. We also offer more specialized counsel on environmental issues, oil and gas rights, and development rights for other purposes.
We offer frequent counsel to business and public entity clients on a wide range of oil and gas related issues. Our work includes determining the appropriate use of property subject to the public trust, and completing land exchanges--which can result in relinquishment of public trust. We assist clients in identifying land use for trust fund monies, helps to resolve contamination issues within the coastal area and facilitates the development of public and private projects. We regularly interface with the following agencies:
- State Lands Commission
- California Coastal Commission
- California Department of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources
- the California Department of Fish and Game
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Federal Department of Commerce and various other governmental regulatory agencies
Our expertise in oil and gas law--coupled with a leading endangered species practice--provides the all-encompassing lawyers needed to address and fulfill clients' needs in this unique area.
- 12.18.2020 | California Eminent Domain Report