Anna Tang serves as the co-chair of Nossaman’s Corporate Group. She is a leading corporate lawyer, highly regarded for her pragmatic commercial approach and for her capacity to work through complex and strategic legal issues and transactions.
Anna represents and advises emerging and established companies through a broad range of industries as transactional and general corporate counsel with respect to a wide variety of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial agreements and negotiations and corporate governance. She works closely with clients at all stage of the business lifecycle – from setting up and buying a business through restructuring, disposing of businesses and assets and winding down a business.
Her representation includes entity formation, negotiating, drafting and reviewing all forms of commercial agreements and negotiations, purchase agreements, joint venture, partnership and shareholder and other forms of equity agreements, preparation of syndication documents including private placement memoranda, as well as advising on the taxation implications of the transaction.
In addition to her general corporate clients, Anna works with many healthcare and real estate clients. She represents owners, operators and managers of ambulatory surgical centers and surgical hospitals, outpatient imaging facilities and hospice programs in the development of facilities throughout the United States. She also advises managed care medical groups and independent practice associations in restructuring and combinations with other organizations. Additionally, she has represented various real estate entities and property developers in the formation of joint ventures and associated ownership and holding entities, and in the acquisition of third party financing.
Having begun her career as a corporate and tax attorney at a top 20 law firm in Australia, Anna has expertise in assisting clients with commercial matters and tax effective structures for Australian investments and activities. She also advises multinational and foreign clients on Australian and international commercial and taxation issues.
Represented various Southern California based real estate developers on formation of single purpose entities and negotiation and drafting of joint venture or similar equity agreements for real estate projects throughout the U.S.
Represented an Australian and New Zealand based company on its entry into the U.S. market, including growth and acquisition of existing U.S. based appraisal management companies.
Represented leading operators of short stay surgical facilities on acquisitions of various physician owned surgery centers throughout the United States. Key acquisitions include:
- $161 million acquisition of two physician-owned hospitals in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- $15.75 million acquisition of a gastroenterology surgery center in Tucson, Arizona;
- $6 million acquisition of a surgery center in Georgia, Atlanta; and
- $4 million acquisition of an eye surgery center in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania.
Represented the stakeholders of a Southern California aged and disability care group to refinance its existing debt and to sell a majority interest in the group to a private equity firm.
Acted as external general counsel to a pharmaceutical/healthcare group in Los Angeles County and Orange County, California.
Represented Australia’s number one fruit and vegetable grower and distribution company on its disposal of a majority interest in the business to a US-based private equity company.
Represented the Australian arm of a Big 6 accounting firm on the effective restructure and expansion of its Australian practices.
- 12.28.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 10.21.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.18.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.15.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.08.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- Finding the Right Fit Under CARES: Understanding the SBA Loan Programs Available Under the CARES Act and Determining Eligibility and Business Need04.03.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.27.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- Nossaman Virtual Panel Discussion03.08.2022
- Nossaman's Employment BUZZ Webinar Series09.22.2020
- 5th Annual West Coast Ambulatory Surgery Center Seminar03.07.2019
- 4th Annual West Coast Ambulatory Surgery Center Seminar03.07.2018
- 04.20.2022 | Los Angeles Business Journal
- 02.08.2022 | Nossaman Announcement
- 04.16.2021 | Law.com
- 11.25.2019 | Daily Journal
- 05.08.2019 | Law360
- 02.12.2019 | Nossaman News Release
Community & Professional
Association for Corporate Growth, Member
Honors & Recognitions
Named to the Women of Influence: Attorneys list by the Los Angeles Business Journal, 2022
- University of Melbourne, LL.M., 2006
- Deakin University, LL.B., 2004
- Deakin University, B.Com., 2004
- U.S. Tax Court
- New South Wales, Australia
- Victoria, Australia