Anna Tang represents and advises emerging and established companies as transactional and general corporate counsel with respect to a wide variety of business transactions including mergers and acquisitions, commercial transactions and corporate governance. She also provides counsel on offerings of equity and debt securities, private equity investments and alternative investments, including venture, credit, commingled real estate, energy, infrastructure and hedge funds. Her representation includes negotiating, drafting and reviewing purchase and acquisition agreements, joint venture, property management, property development, partnership and shareholder agreements, preparation of loan and syndication documents including private placement memoranda, as well as advising on the taxation implications of the transaction. Additionally, amid the evolving COVID-19 pandemic, Anna has been instrumental in advising clients on the various relief and incentive programs available to businesses under the CARES Act.
Having begun her career as a corporate and tax attorney at a top 20 law firm in Australia, Anna has expertise in assisting clients with commercial matters and tax effective structures for Australian investment and activities, and advising multinational and foreign clients on Australian and international commercial and taxation issues.
Represented various city, county, university and state pension systems with review and negotiation of a wide range of alternative investment classes, including private equity, commingled real estate, venture, credit, energy, mining, infrastructure and hedge funds.
Represented various real estate and property developer clients on the formation of joint ventures and associated ownership and holding entities and acquisition of third party financing.
Represented an Australian and New Zealand based company on its acquisition of a group of appraisal management companies with operations throughout the United States.
Represented leading operators of short stay surgical facilities on acquisitions of various physician owned surgery centers throughout the United States. Key acquisitions include:
- $161 million acquisition of two physician-owned hospitals in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma;
- $15.75 million acquisition of a gastroenterology surgery center in Tucson, Arizona;
- $6 million acquisition of a surgery center in Georgia, Atlanta; and
- $4 million acquisition of an eye surgery center in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania.
Represented the stakeholders of a Southern California aged and disability care group to refinance its existing debt and to sell a majority interest in the group to a private equity firm.
Acted as external general counsel to a pharmaceutical/healthcare group in Los Angeles County and Orange County, California.
Representation of owners, operators and managers of ambulatory surgical centers and surgical hospitals, outpatient imaging facilities and hospice programs development of facilities throughout the United States.
Representation of managed care medical groups and independent practice associations in restructuring and combinations with other organizations.
Representation of various organizations in restructuring and combinations with other organizations. Extensive experience in organizing and syndicating interests in joint ventures, including limited liability companies, partnerships and corporations.
Represented Australia’s number one fruit and vegetable grower and distribution company on its disposal of a majority interest in the business to a US-based private equity company.
Represented the Australian arm of a Big 6 accounting firm on the effective restructure and expansion of its Australian practices.
- 12.28.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 10.21.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.18.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.15.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.08.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- Finding the Right Fit Under CARES: Understanding the SBA Loan Programs Available Under the CARES Act and Determining Eligibility and Business Need04.03.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.27.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- Nossaman's Employment BUZZ Webinar Series09.22.2020
- 5th Annual West Coast Ambulatory Surgery Center Seminar03.07.2019
- 4th Annual West Coast Ambulatory Surgery Center Seminar03.07.2018
- 11.25.2019 | Daily Journal
- 05.08.2019 | Law360
- 02.12.2019 | Nossaman News Release
- University of Melbourne, LL.M., 2006
- Deakin University, LL.B., 2004
- Deakin University, B.Com., 2004
- U.S. Tax Court
- New South Wales, Australia
- Victoria, Australia