Joseph Haney guides real estate owners and operators through all manner of complex real estate transactions. This includes the acquisition, development and operation of real property, as well as related leasing and financing issues. He negotiates and drafts purchase and sale agreements and conducts due diligence, including reviews of title and environmental and land use conditions.
Additionally, Joseph regularly advises clients in the formation and structure of joint ventures. He provides counsel regarding the most tax-efficient method for structuring the ownership, acquisition and disposition of real estate. He guides them through tax-deferred exchanges, including reverse exchanges, build-to-suit exchanges, and exchanges involving partnerships, limited liability companies and tenants-in-common arrangements.
- Represented hotel developer in the acquisition and conversion of property from single room occupancy (SRO) project to boutique hotel, including sale of development rights, acquisition and development loan and subsequent sale of project.
- Represented residential developer in multi-phase construction and permanent financing for project consisting of 1,500 residential apartment and condominium units and commercial retail.
- Represented seller in sale of 250,000 square-foot industrial building and assignment and assumption of existing financing by buyer.
- Represented residential developer in securing general plan amendment, modification of existing specific plan and zone change, despite significant organized opposition, to allow for development of 1,500 residential units, including affordable housing.
- Represented hotel developer in acquisition of ground lease and development of urban property into an international-franchised hotel and subsequent sale of the project.
- Represented seller of 80,000 square-foot office building and related parking structure in bargain sale to tax-exempt entity.
- Represented residential developer in sale of fully entitled, 60-acre residential project and like-kind exchange planning for the same.
- Represented hotel developer in joint venture with retail site owner for the development of a leading national hotel.
- Represented residential developer in sale of completed condominium project and entitled land, financed in part by assumption of existing loans and seller carry-back financing.
- Represented hotel developer in acquisition of 150+ room, historic hotel no and concurrent sale of the same for cash consideration and ongoing interest in joint venture acquiring property.
- 08.10.2023 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.11.2023 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.10.2023 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.23.2023 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.22.2023 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.12.2023 | Nossaman News Release
Community & Professional
State Bar of California, Real Property Section, Member
- University of Southern California, Leventhal School of Accounting, M.B.T., 2004
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 2000
- University of Southern California, B.A., 1997, cum laude
- U.S. Tax Court