Nossaman paved the way. We launched our Sacramento legislative advocacy practice back in 1986. At the time, we were the first major law firm to provide lobbying services. Since then, we have enhanced our ability to advocate for clients facing issues and pursuing opportunities in California.
Our public policy advisors are well-connected in Sacramento, reflecting the Firm’s robust public policy legacy. We have a strong track record of successfully advocating for clients in the areas of transportation, healthcare, water, environment, telecommunications, energy, and financial services. Our clients include private sector companies from many major industries and regulated utilities, trade associations, and local governments.
Our seasoned professionals have diverse backgrounds and areas of expertise developed within the California legislative and regulatory environment. We are a bi-partisan firm that works with the Governor and his administrative and regulatory agencies as well as the senior staff and Members of the Legislature. Our state lobbying clients have included government entities and public agencies seeking assistance navigating the state law-making, regulatory and funding processes.
Our advisors are also well respected in Sacramento, reflecting the strong legacy of former Senators Dick Ackerman and John Foran, former Assembly Members Jack Knox, and Bill Bagley, and California's longest serving Legislative Counsel, Bion Gregory. We continue to provide innovative, well-informed, savvy solutions to our California clients.
From direct lobbying of Legislators and testifying on legislation to political contribution programs and strategic grass-roots efforts, we get results.
- 07.22.2019 | Nossaman eAlert
- California State Campaign Ads to Require Greater Disclosure of Funding; Cities & Counties Could Go Deeper10.12.2017 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.18.2017 | Nossaman eAlert
- California's Campaign Finance Agency–the Fair Political Practices Commission–Announces 2017/2018 Gift & Contribution Limits12.13.2016 | Nossaman eAlert
- 10.22.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- California Major Donor Notification & Multilayer Reporting Obligations Apply to Federal & State PACs10.19.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.12.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.12.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- Companies & Committees Making Independent Expenditures in California Subject to Increased Disclosure & Penalties in 201301.15.2013 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.09.2012 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.10.2011 | Nossaman eAlert
- Consumer Warranty Law in Calfornia Under the Commercial Code, The Song-Beverly and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Acts1979 | 26 UCLA Law Review 583-681
- 01.16.2020 | Marina del Rey, CA
- 05.23.2019 | Sacramento, CA
- 05.17.2018 | Sacramento, CA
- 2013, 2014, 2015
- 04.23.2019 | Huffington Post
- 04.02.2019 | Nossaman News Release
- 01.16.2019 | San Francisco Chronicle; Sacramento Bee
- 10.22.2018 | Nossaman Announcement
- 04.15.2015 | Sacramento Business Journal