We offer full-service legal, administrative, compliance and reporting functions for Political Action Committees (PAC).
PAC FINANCIAL REPORTING & ONGOING COMPLIANCE SERVICES
Our range of services includes collecting contributions, making deposits, writing checks, maintaining databases, corresponding with donors, reconciling bank statements, filing Federal Election Commission (FEC), IRS, and state-level financial disclosure reports, and legal compliance with federal, state and local election laws. Our professional compliance staff serve as PAC treasurers and participate in PAC Board meetings. We keep clients apprised of state and federal developments that may have an effect on PAC activities and provide advice regarding fundraising and contribution strategies.
We provide advice regarding fundraising and contribution strategies. Our guidance includes strategies for PAC growth, maximizing the impact of PAC contributions, and integrating PAC activities into a comprehensive legislative strategy. We also keep clients apprised of state and federal developments that may have an effect on PAC activities.
AUDIT OF PAC OPERATIONS
We conduct audits and reviews of political committee operations in order to assure compliance with Federal election law. This includes reviewing all FEC filings (Statement of Organization and a sampling of Reports) and internal documents and policies such as By-Laws, policies and procedures, solicitation eligibility, and solicitation materials. Additionally, we review whether a PAC's connected organization has undertaken any political activities to ensure it is adhering to the more stringent standards that apply to that type of activity. We recommend an audit of PAC operations every three to five years, depending on the size and activity level of the PAC.
ELECTION LAW TRAINING
We offer training to corporations, political committees, and other organizations on all aspects of election law and campaign finance.
Our lawyers represent clients in enforcement actions before the FEC, the U.S. Department of Justice, and state and local government regulators. We have submitted to the FEC numerous advisory opinion requests seeking certification for often uncharted interpretations of the Federal Election Campaign Act.
- 07.09.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.07.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.02.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.25.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.18.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.03.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.27.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.20.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.13.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.06.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 04.29.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.27.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.24.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.14.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 08.08.2019 | Daily Journal
- 02.20.2019 | Nossaman eAlert
- 08.08.2018 | Nossaman eAlert
- 12.15.2011 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.02.2011 | IMPOWR Imprints
- 01.06.2009 | Nossaman eAlert
- Campaigning in California: The Not So Wild West - Undestanding the Legal Considerations for Running a Campaign05.20.2020
- 01.16.2020 | Marina del Rey, CA
- Babysitting? 'Hush' Payments? Legal Expenses? The Appropriate (and Inappropriate) Uses of Campaign Funds12.16.2019 | Chicago, IL
- 11.05.2019 | Los Angeles, CA & Washington, DC or via Webinar
- 10.23.2019 | Portland, OR
- 10.11.2019 | St. Paul, MN
- 05.07.2019 | Lake Tahoe, CA
- 03.14.2018 | Monterey, CA
- I Got My Toes in the Water & My PAC in the Sand: Addressing Disclosure & Enforcement Issues When Federal PACs Splash into State & Local Elections12.06.2017 | Toronto, ON
- 06.13.2016 | Universal City, CA
- 01.10.2014 | Scottsdale, AZ
- 12.09.2013 | Washington, DC
- 05.10.2012 | Sacramento, CA
- Segregating Campaign and Official Activity; Avoiding Common Errors on Annual Financial Disclosure Statements04.18.2011 | Washington DC
- 06.04.2020 | University of California, Irvine School of Law
- 04.2020 | Nossaman Announcement