We regularly provide counsel to pension plan clients on litigation matters, such as benefits and disability disputes, Public Records Act requests, real estate disputes, and general contract matters.
In addition to matters specific to pension plans, our litigators handle a wide variety of investment and other business lawsuits of the type they might face, on behalf of other public agency clients. In the investment arena, our attorneys are familiar with the issues that arise from advisor mismanagement, workouts, and bankruptcies. We work closely with asset managers and property managers to bring matters to a successful conclusion.
We understand the fiduciary issues that guide pension plans in their litigation as in other aspects of their operations. In appropriate cases, we recommend litigation and pursue that to a successful conclusion, either at trial or through settlement.
- Two Out of Two: Another Appellate Court Upholds Constitutionality of California’s Felony Forfeiture Statute02.09.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- Second Appellate District of California Court of Appeal Upholds Constitutionality of Felony Forfeiture Statute12.16.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 11.25.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- California Supreme Court Upholds “California Rule” and 2013 Pension “Reform” Statutes, Setting the Stage for More Retirement System Governance Challenges10.01.2020 | The NAPPA Report
- 05.07.2020 | Nossaman On-Demand Webinar
- 09.30.2020 - 10.02.2020
- 10.25.2019 | Oakland, CA
- 09.27.2019 | Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
- 05.21.2019 | Austin, TX
- 11.30.2020 | Bond Buyer
- Ashley Dunning Discusses Impact of Alameda Decision, Appeals Courts Revisiting California Rule Cases10.02.2020 | Pensions & Investments
- 09.28.2020 | Bond Buyer
- 12.16.2019 | Daily Journal
- Getting the Most Out of Your Public Pension Plan Insurance Coverage