Not all opportunities look alike. Alternative investments can take many forms. We represent pension plan clients in connection with their investments in commingled funds, investment partnerships and alternative investments vehicles.
Alternative investment options may be selected from time to time by pension plans' boards based on the advice of consultants and financial advisors in the area of core, value-added and opportunistic investments. Our team also advises pension plan consultants, and we review their recommendations and underlying fund structure and operations.
Our work includes advising pension plans on their investments as limited partners (LPs) or members in private equity funds, hedge funds, hybrid funds, funds of funds, infrastructure funds, and real estate investment trusts (REITs). We assist investment officers and city attorneys with reviewing fund documents such as the private placement memorandum, subscription agreement, management agreement, partnership agreement, and limited liability company agreement.
We regularly review legal opinions prepared by pension plan counsel, prepare investor legal opinions and investor acknowledgments in connection with credit facilities with banks, and negotiate side letters on behalf of our clients. We also prepare recommendations for review by and appear before clients' pension plan boards in open and closed sessions.
- The Challenge of Protecting Personally Identifiable Information When U.S. Pension Plans Invest in U.K. and Luxembourg Private Funds10.26.2021 | The NAPPA Report
- 09.15.2016 | Law360
- 10.05.2023 | San Francisco, CA
- 10.30.2023 | Los Angeles, CA
- 02.22.2023 – 02.24.2023 | Tucson, AZ
- 10.17.2022 – 10.18.2022 | Los Angeles, CA
- 06.21.2022 – 06.24.2022 | Louisville, KY
- 12.06.2021 – 12.07.2021
- 10.05.2021 | Tempe, AZ
- 09.30.2020 - 10.02.2020
- The ILPA Model Limited Partnership Agreement: A Roadmap to Fair & Equitable Terms in the Private Equity Market04.29.2020
- 02.19.2020 | Tempe, AZ
- 10.25.2019 | Oakland, CA
- 02.03.2017 | San Jose, CA
- 02.17.2016 | Washington, DC
- 05.13.2014 | Sacramento, CA
- 02.26.2021 | The Regulatory Fundamentals Group's Weekly Roundup