Our extensive experience in working with California public pension funds provides us with a valuable understanding of the ethical and fiduciary obligations faced by our clients' public boards.
We provide partner level fiduciary and tax-related legal services to a number of California public retirement systems. We understand the investment challenges of each clients' chief investment officer and staff, and the legislative parameters and legal restraints of in-house attorneys we work with on real estate and alternative investment transactions and in litigation.
We provide daily access to numerous clients for consultation on fiduciary matters ranging from routine day-to-day operational and administrative matters to more complicated matters involving complex procedures.
We monitor to insure fiduciary compliance including due diligence procedures, claims prosecutions, employment considerations, and analysis of market rates for expenses and fees. We have advised employers both with regard to retirement benefit and welfare benefit plans.
- Pension Plan Investments: ERISA Fiduciaries May Consider Environmental, Social & Governance Factors Related to Economic Value10.30.2015 | Private Equity Alert
- Summer 2015 | Benefits Law Journal, Vol. 28, No. 3
- Overview of SEC’s Rules on “Pay to Play” and Campaign Contributions Impacting Public Retirement Systems01.2015 | The Public Retirement Journal
- 06.26.2018 | Savannah Hyatt Regency
- 02.21.2018 | Tempe Mission Palms Hotel
- 01.18.2018 | CalPERS Headquarters
- 11.30.2017 | Le Meridien Hotel
- 11.17.2017 | Hyatt Regency
- 10.23.2017 | Hilton Garden Inn
- 08.28.2017 | Villa Graziadio Executive Center
- 06.28.2017 | Portola Hotel
- 02.22.2017 | Tempe Mission Palms Hotel
- 10.27.2016 | Le Meridien Hotel
- 02.17.2016 | Omni Shoreham