Desalination is one option communities are considering to address critical water shortages. Nossaman is one of the most experienced law firms in California in the desalination field.
Our attorneys and legislative advocates have counseled and advised proponents of desalination projects on nearly every aspect of proposed facilities, including:
- Municipal land use approvals;
- Regulatory permitting requirements of regional and state agencies;
- Development of entitlement and community relations strategies;
- Advice on CEQA issues;
- Contracting with municipal and regional water agencies;
- Long term lease agreements;
- Arrangements with host power plant owners;
- Public financing; and
- Legislative advocacy with state and local elected and appointed officials.