We have dealt with issues involving every conceivable water right, including appropriative rights, riparian rights, overlying rights, prescriptive rights and pueblo water rights.
We have long-standing expertise in the area of water rights. We represent clients in major groundwater adjudications and have handled numerous proceedings before the California State Water Resources Control Board.
We negotiate and/or obtain judicial declarations of water rights, participate in extensive multi-party negotiations concerning physical solutions relating to the allocation of water and water rights, and litigate the matters that cannot be solved through negotiations. We also negotiate the sale, lease or transfer of water rights and provide legal opinions to help document water right positions. In addition to water rights expertise, our attorneys have handled a variety of public trust doctrine claims and issues in a variety of contexts, which can substantially impact the beneficial use of surface water by instream water rights holders.
- 03.17.2021 | Daily Journal
- 04.24.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- Whiskey is for Drinking: The Never Ending Battle Over California WaterFall 2016 | Natural Resources & Environment
- WEBINAR: The First 100 Days of President Biden’s Environmental Policy: Revolution or Back to Basics?04.08.2021 | California Water Views
- WEBINAR: The First 100 Days of President Biden’s Environmental Policy: Revolution or Back to Basics?04.07.2021 | California Eminent Domain Report
- WEBINAR: The First 100 Days of President Biden’s Environmental Policy: Revolution or Back to Basics?04.01.2021 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 03.02.2021 | California Water Views
- WEBINAR: Flood or Drought? A Discussion of the Election’s Potential Legislative Impacts on the Water Sector11.18.2020 | California Water Views
- 08.12.2020 | California Water Views
- WOTS Next? An Update on the Clean Water Act and Regulation of Waters of the State & Waters of the U.S.06.25.2020 | California Water Views
- 02.25.2020 | Endangered Species Law & Policy
- 12.03.2019 | San Diego, CA
- 03.12.2021 | Mt. Shasta News
- 11.25.2020 | Law360
- 06.15.2020 | Desert Sun