Fred Dombo serves as Chair of Nossaman's Government Relations & Regulation Group. He combines experience as an aide to Members of the U.S. House of Representatives Committees on Appropriations and Energy & Commerce with over 20 years of private practice to provide clients with cost effective advice on the legal and political implications of their government relations activities.
Fred advises clients on local, state, and federal pay to play, campaign and lobby laws, gift rules, ethics compliance, and investigations. His practice includes counsel to nonprofit advocacy organizations with respect to their general operations, as well as their compliance requirements with Internal Revenue Service regulations and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Fred also serves as a lobbyist for private and public sector clients on authorization and appropriations issues. He speaks widely on ethics and election law reform issues.
Fred’s practice includes creation and implementation of strategic communication plans regarding the public policy aspects of clients’ advocacy campaigns or government/legal dilemmas. He has been active in many presidential nominating conventions and political campaigns, and has supported candidates for state and national offices. He speaks widely on ethics, lobbying and campaign finance at the local, state and federal levels.
Fred serves on Nossaman’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee, and chairs the Nossaman LLP Political Action Committee.
- Protected contract American furniture company holds with the United States Government.
- Represented the U.S. Park Police Fraternal Order of Police on retirement and criminal justice matters; as well as Congressional inquiries regarding force operations and equipment.
- Led campaign that secured multi-million dollar appropriation for a citrus growers association to combat citrus canker disease.
- Devised and implemented strategy for town government in New York to retain an oceanfront parcel of land threatened with federal reversion.
- Obtained several million dollars of appropriations for construction of an environmental cap over highway expansion project as part of team working to preserve continuity of an urban village.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors on an array of Medicare reimbursement issues and on drug safety and importation issues.
ETHICS & ELECTION LAW COMPLIANCE
- Established state and federal pay to play compliance programs for companies in the financial services, retail, and other industries and remains involved in all compliance aspects of their administration and operation.
- Defended Fortune 50 financial services company during Congressional committee investigations and investigations conducted by the Office of Congressional Ethics.
- Created Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance training and program applicable to vendors in India working for a US coalition of healthcare organizations.
- Established federal, state and local political action committees (PACs) and ballot issue/question committees for corporations and trade associations, and remains involved in all aspects of operation and growth.
STRATEGIC PUBLIC POLICY COMMUNICATIONS
- Planned and executed with Archdiocese of Washington a comprehensive public affairs campaign to educate policy makers, parishioners, and the media about the historic effectiveness of the child protection program of the Church in Washington D.C. and Maryland.
- Secured, with the 9/11 legacy volunteer organization myGoodDeed.org, the first Presidential proclamation and Congressional resolution acknowledging 9/11 as a day of volunteerism. Similarly, secured commitments from the Obama, McCain, Romney, Clinton, Trump and Biden campaigns to abstain from critical campaign advertisements on 9/11.
- 09.09.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.18.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.26.2021 | Law360
- 02.02.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.21.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.12.2021 | Nossaman eAlert
- 12.01.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 10.29.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- Virtual Conventions Yield to Real Campaign Law Enforcement: What Your Organization Needs to Remember08.27.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.07.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.02.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.17.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.28.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 05.04.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- CA Governor Newsom’s COVID-19 Transition Plan: ‘New Normal’ To Be Determined by Your Local Government04.16.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- California’s April 1 Deadline to File Statements of Economic Interests Retroactively Extended to June 1, 202004.03.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 04.02.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.18.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.14.2020 | Nossaman eAlert
- 08.06.2019 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.20.2019 | Nossaman eAlert
- 08.17.2018 | Law360
- 07.30.2018 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.19.2018 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.09.2018 | Nossaman eAlert
- California State Campaign Ads to Require Greater Disclosure of Funding; Cities & Counties Could Go Deeper10.12.2017 | Nossaman eAlert
- 04.05.2017 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.09.2017 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.05.2017 | Nossaman eAlert
- California's Campaign Finance Agency–the Fair Political Practices Commission–Announces 2017/2018 Gift & Contribution Limits12.13.2016 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.14.2016 | Nossaman eAlert
- 10.22.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- California Major Donor Notification & Multilayer Reporting Obligations Apply to Federal & State PACs10.19.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.12.2015 | Nossaman eAlert
- 06.12.2014 | Nossaman eAlert
- Companies & Committees Making Independent Expenditures in California Subject to Increased Disclosure & Penalties in 201301.15.2013 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.08.2012 | Nossaman eAlert
- 02.10.2011 | Nossaman eAlert
- 07.16.2010 | Nossaman eAlert
- 03.16.2009 | Nossaman eAlert
- 01.06.2009 | Nossaman eAlert
- CONSULEGIS Webinar02.18.2021
- Miller Wenhold Capitol Strategies Webinar10.23.2020
- National Institute for Lobbying & Ethics Webinar04.03.2020
- National Institute for Lobbying & Ethics Discussion Panel02.11.2019
- California Political Attorneys Association 2017 Annual Retreat09.16.2017
- The Lobbying Institute05.01.2017
- National Institute for Lobbying & Ethics Roundtable, American Trucking Association01.09.2017
- SEIA Finance and Tax Seminar Winter 201602.18.2016
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America07.23.2015
- AREVA Inc.01.28.2015
- American Dental Association 2014 State PAC Best Practices Conference State01.10.2014
- 2013 Professional Women in Advocacy Conference12.10.2013
- 2013 Professional Women in Advocacy Conference12.09.2013
- American Dental Association State PAC Best Practices Conference11.06.2011
- Segregating Campaign and Official Activity; Avoiding Common Errors on Annual Financial Disclosure StatementsNossaman Ethics Briefing for Senior Congressional Staff04.18.2011
- 01.24.2021 | The Hill
- 08.24.2020 | The Hill
- 03.26.2020 | Law360
- Chambers Recognizes Nossaman's Eminent Domain, Environment & Land Use, Healthcare, and Infrastructure Groups04.25.2019 | Chambers & Partners
- 11.12.2018 | Bloomberg
- 09.14.2018 | Daily Journal
- Nossaman's Eminent Domain, Environment, Healthcare, Infrastructure and Public Policy Practices Recognized by Chambers05.11.2018 | Nossaman News Release
- 06.13.2017 | Nossaman LLP
- 06.02.2017 | Bloomberg
- 11.15.2016 | Law360
- 09.17.2015 | Newsweek
- 03.19.2014 | The Washington Post
- Nossaman Pro-bono Legislative Advocacy Contributes to Establishment of 9/11 as a National day of Service and Remembrance04.21.2009
Community & Professional
MyGoodDeed.org, Advisory Board Member
Federalist Society, Member
The John Carroll Society, Archdiocese of Washington, Member
California Political Attorneys Association, Member
Honors & Recognitions
Individual recognition for Government, Political Law – Nationwide, Chambers USA, 2018-2019
SABRE Certificate of Excellence, Congress Passes Resolution to Designate 9/11 as National Day of Service, 2004
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Drew University, B.A., 1989
- District of Columbia
- New York