Lori Anne Dolqueist’s practice focuses on water, energy, transportation and telecommunications regulatory matters before the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). She is experienced in representing clients in utility mergers and acquisitions, rate cases, investigations, rulemakings and other aspects of state and federal regulation. Lori has specialized expertise in California utility regulatory matters, with particular focus on matters involving water utilities. She has been interviewed by The Wall Street Journal, NPR and CNBC.com about California utility issues.
In recent years, Lori has been actively engaged by her utility clients in increasingly complex general rate cases before the CPUC and is able to deliver optimal results through both settlement negotiations and CPUC litigation. She has also represented clients in the accelerating number of mergers and acquisitions taking place in the utility industry in California, and has obtained timely approval of such transactions with favorable terms. Lori has also assisted clients that are the subject of CPUC investigations and successfully obtained approval of controversial multimillion-dollar utility capital projects.
Lori is able to provide assistance with ratemaking, rulemaking, investigation and complaint proceedings at the CPUC for regulated entities and other interested parties. From developing compelling pleadings to navigating the complex CPUC process, she is able to deliver favorable results for her clients. Additionally, based on her extensive knowledge of administrative hearings, Lori has developed a multiday witness preparation program that allows both experienced and new witnesses to maximize the effectiveness of their time on the stand.
- 02.19.2016 | Law360
- 09.01.2015 | WaterWorld
- 07.20.2015 | WBFO News & Marketplace
- 07.05.2015 | Associated Press
- 10.22.2014 | Environmental Leader
- 10.04.2014 | CNBC.com
- 08.2014 | WaterWorld
- 07.14.2014 | The Wall Street Journal
- 05.21.2014 | CNBC.com
- 10.28.2013 | Environmental Leader
- 04.01.2012 | Environmental Leader
- 04.18.2011 | Environmental Leader
- California Water Association 2018 Annual Conference10.29.2018
- Nossaman's 2018 Water Webinar Series04.12.2018
- Conference of California Public Utility Counsel 2017 Annual Meeting10.17.2017
- Nossaman's Drought Solutions Webinar Series10.12.2017
- Nossaman's Drought Solutions Webinar Series01.12.2017
- Association of California Water Agencies, Continuing Legal Education for Water Professionals09.16.2016
- California-Nevada Section, American Water Works Association, 2013 Fall Conference10.02.2013
- American Water Works Association Annual Conference & Exposition06.12.2012
- 06.03.2019 | The Recorder
- 05.08.2019 | Daily Journal
Community & Professional
Member, Board of Directors, Conference of California Public Utility Counsel
Honors & Recognitions
Chosen by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Utilities Law, 2020
Recognized as a California Trailblazer by the Recorder.
- Georgetown University Law Center, L.L.M., 1998 | J.D., 1996
- College of New Jersey, B.A., 1992, cum laude
- District of Columbia